Skip navigation

Student Travel

Find a course

Student Travel

Travelling by bus or train

All students who live more than three miles from the College are eligible to apply for a bus or train pass through Herefordshire Council. 

Applying for a travel pass

The Council requires a parental contribution.
During the academic year 2016-17 this is:

  • £270 for the autumn term.
  • £270 for the spring term.
  • £210 for the summer term. 

Students may find that, if they travel on certain routes to College, the cost could be lower than paying the above parental contribution. 

Herefordshire Council Post 16 application for travel form

Train routes to Hereford

Train routes

Train routes

If you have any queries, please contact

  • Hereford Council on 01432 260924.
  • Lyn Gage, the Transport Officer at Hereford Sixth Form College on 01432 355166.

Bursary fund

Depending upon household income and personal circumstances, you maybe be eligible to apply to the College’s Bursary Fund for support with travel and other costs relating to your studies.

Please contact Rhuna Young, the Student Finance Officer at the College.

Travelling by car

Due to the limited space for parking, students must have permission to bring their cars onto the campus.
Many of the roads around College have restricted or limited parking.

Parking is available in the Aylestone Park car park on Aylestone Hill (coming towards Hereford from the Worcester side). Students must obtain a permit from College reception which should be displayed on the dashboard.

Mopeds and Scooters

Students are allowed to park their mopeds and scooters on the campus.


Students are encouraged to cycle to College and cycle racks are available.

For directions to College see How to Find Us.

Use this BrowseAloud app to add speech and reading support to our website content